Malor is one of the three Great Merchant Houses of Karnathas (more commonly just the "Great Houses"). They are, as the name implies, three merchant houses headquartered in southern Karnathas. They are not the only merchant interests in the city-states but they are the largest and most powerful. They also have holdings and agents in other cities around the known world.
Malor is the most powerful of the Great Houses and has the worst reputation of the three. Its members are cruel and ruthless, and often lack the basic morals that most people adhere to. Worship of the evil deities is common among Malor and it is rumored that they traffic with even darker forces.
House Malor could be even more powerful but by its nature it is prone to infighting and ends up sabotaging its own interests quite often. Their chief rival is House Argentus.
House Malor Family Tree
- Green boxes represent female family members.
- Kane's great-grandchildren are not shown; his grandchildren have 22 children among them, 15 of whom have spouses. They are generally in their 20's. Some of them have children themselves, but they are too young to be of significance to the House yet.
- Kane is rumored to be undead.
- When a Malor daughter is wed, the wife retains her surname and the husband takes on the Malor name.
- The siblings of Malor spouses (and their families) generally make up an extension of the House.
- The most respect is given to "core" Malor family members, followed by Malor spouses, followed by the spouses' siblings and their families, followed by the "hired help".
- Dimitri Malor's wife is Anatola. They have a son, Xanthus (named after his grandfather).