There are two versions of the TableSmith 5.2 installer to choose from:
- Standard: This will install your tables, images, configuration, etc. into a TableSmith folder in your Documents folder and the program itself elsewhere. If you aren't sure which version to install, use this one.
- Portable: This will install everything into a single folder. This is meant for advanced users. Note that this works the way previous installers did, and it became a problem if you used the default folder in Windows versions after XP.
Download Standard TableSmith (1.2 MB)
Download Portable TableSmith (1.2 MB)
TableSmith 5.2 requires the .NET Framework 4.5.2 or later, available from Microsoft (note that you may have it already; if you have Windows 10, you've definitely got it).
TableSmith 5.2 is not supported on Windows XP or Windows Vista.
FOR ADDITIONAL TABLES: Many, many more tables for TableSmith can be found in the Files area for the TableSmith mailing list at Yahoo Groups. Scroll down for the links to the group.
TableSmith is shareware. If you like the program, please register! Registration is USD$10, and you may register via PayPal by clicking the image above. PLEASE READ THE NOTES BELOW! REALLY!
- The registration process is NOT automated; once I receive notification that you've registered, I generate your key and then send it to you via e-mail. I do my best to do this as soon as possible, but please be aware that there may be a delay of a number of hours, particularly on a workday (Monday-Friday). If you do not receive your code within 24-48 hours, please contact me at my e-mail address (it is gmail.com, preceded by "brucegulke", with "@" in-between). If you instead choose to dispute the charge with Paypal, I will simply refund your money and you will need to try again; it is easier for me to do that than deal with the dispute process (due in part to people trying to use it to scam a free code out of me).
- Due to the costs involved with TableSmith support and development, registration is required even if you registered a version older than TableSmith 5.0 in the past. Your previous support is appreciated, and your continued support will allow TableSmith development to continue.
- If you are using a mail verification system to avoid spam, be sure to whitelist my e-mail address (gmail.com, preceded by "brucegulke"). Any extra step that I have to take to get you your code is likely to delay your receiving it, assuming that your challenge e-mail doesn't get swallowed by one of my spam filters.
Yahoo Mailing List
The Yahoo list is a great place to discuss or ask questions about TableSmith, and the Files area has a huge collection of additional tables you can download, for everything from name generation to treasure, encounters, monsters, and more!